9/12/2018 – September 12th Update Notes
We have constructed several new battlefields, made several significant game changes, and grinded out a ton of bugs and user experience issues.
- The market is no longer available unless you own a unit with the Trading Post sub-card type.
- The investments window is no longer available. Most of the investments have been or will be transferred to structure cards or build sites.
- Support operations–structures that generate resource–now have an Upgrade ability that adds more health, line of sight, and generates one extra resource each turn. The cost to upgrade is 1 faction and 1 pink-crystal resource.
- Overshield buff (prevents attacks) now maxes out at 1.
- The initial max population has been increased from 4 to 8.
- The display of cards in hand has been overhauled:
- Animations and card movement are much more fluid.
- Cards now glow to indicate playability.
- Cards are displayed when they are discarded.
- The mulligan window has been updated to make the mulligan process much more clear.
- Added a new battlefield named Tawny Mesa: a cross-shaped map where a single Menhir sits atop a central mountain protected by a Terrorizing Roc.
- Added a new battlefield named Serene Prairie: an arena-shaped map where both players start with a walled in base. The field in between players is home to many wild animals that drop Meat.
- Added new battlefield named The Bluffs: a lane-shaped map with plenty of hills and a central build site on top of a fortified hill.
- Added a new battlefield named Smoke Lake: an arena-shape map with a center lake, docks, and turtles.
- Added a new battlefield named Grassland Pass: a lane-shaped map with a central build site that is protected by a Frontier Bandit.
- Changed Frontier Turret‘s Auto-Shot so that it no longer can target invisible units.
- Changed Guard Tower‘s Auto-Shot so that it no longer can target invisible units.
- Changed Countervail Turret‘s Chilling Missiles so that it no longer can target invisible units.
- Changed Artillery Turret‘s Heat-seeking Missiles so that it no longer can target invisible units and added a 1-turn cooldown.
- Changed Energy Mine so that its trap is no longer ignorable but now stuns instead of silences.
- Gave Corporal Ryden‘s Perpetual Overshield no condition duration.
- Changed Seed Turret‘s Shoot Seed so that it no longer can target invisible units.
- Changed cost of Sew Seeds from 1N1C to 2N.
Spirit (Light Blue)
- Updated Sonnenbrand‘s Sunburned condition so that it also triggers on attacking and activating abilities.
- Reduced the attack of Outlander Flamethrower‘s Fire Blast ability from 2 to 1.
- Reduced the attack of Outlander Handcannon‘s Shrapnel Shot from 2 to 1.
- Reduced the attack of Outlander Snare Gun‘s Ensnare from 2 to 1.
- Gave Fleetfire Fort‘s Furnish Explosive +1 swiftness and to no longer have a cooldown but a 3-Wealth cost. The Chuck Petard ability given by Furnish Explosive no longer has a 3-Wealth cost.
- Increased the number of Palisades spawned by Fleetfire Fort‘s Barricade technique from 6 to 12.
- Changed Fleetfire Commodore Butros by removing his Structure Razer and Multistrike abilities and giving him Setup Fort (morph to Fleetfire Fort)
- Changed Fleetfire Cannoneer by removing hits Set Up Cannon ability and replacing it with Structure Razer.
- Added a new uncollectible creature card called Frontier Militia: a weak melee unit with Pierce.
- Added a new uncollectible creature card called Frontier Man-At-Arms: a weak melee unit with agility.
- Added a new uncollectible creature card called Frontier Champion: a melee unit with Adamantine (can only be dealt 1 damage at a time).
- Added a new uncollectible spell card called Meat: give +2 health permanently.
- Added a new uncollectible spell card called Milk: give +1 health for 2 turns.
- Added a new uncollectible creature card called Wild Goat: a weak melee unit that can interact for Milk and drops Meat on death.
- Changed Senile Prospector‘s Reactive Leap so that it no longer can target invisible units.
- Added Ethereal Rune: uncollectible spell card that gives an ally ghostform for two turns.
- Added Illumination Rune: uncollectible spell card that gives an ally +10 LOS until the end of turn.
- Added Rune of Quaking: uncollectible spell card that deals AOE 1 damage to 3 units.
- Added Contract Book: uncollectible claimable card to claim to draw 1 card.
- Updated Contract Thief‘s Drop Contract ability to drop a Contract Book instead of draw a card.
- Removed Senile Prospector‘s Drop Contract ability.
- Reduced attack of Terrorizing Roc‘s Territorial leap from 2 to 1.
- Added a 1-turn cooldown to Frontier Turret‘s Auto-shot ability.
- Added Wild Bear: an uncollectible AI card that has toughness and drops Meat.
- Added Wild Boar: an uncollectible AI card that has 1 armor and drops Meat.
- Added Wild Fox: an uncollectible AI card that has agility and drops Meat.
- Added Wild Stag: an uncollectible AI card that has pierce and drops Meat.
- Increased cost of Frontier Mining Camp from 0C to 2C.
- Added Frontier Trading Post: an uncollectible blueprint card that gives 1 Crystal each turn and enables market use.
- Added Frontier Barracks: an uncollectible blueprint card that increases population by 7 and spawns 1 Frontier Miner or Frontier Militia each turn.
- Added Frontier Fortress: an uncollectible blueprint card that has a ranged AOE random damage attack and an activated ability that spawns two Palisades.
- Added Upgrade ability to Frontier Mining Shaft to transform to Frontier Trading Post.
- Added Upgrade ability to Frontier Outpost to transform to Frontier Barracks.
- Added Upgrade ability to Frontier Rockslinger to transform to Frontier Fortress.
- Reduced all blueprint costs to 1C, except Menhir, which was reduced to 3C.
Bug Fixes and Polish
- Re-enabled chat function in settings.
- Added many new models for turret cards.
- Created a projectile system for turrets so that they rotate and shoot properly.
- Attacking, interacting, and moving can be done much faster now.
- Units now rotate towards the nearest visible enemy when moving or entering battlefield. Units now rotate towards enemies whenever visible enemies enter or move.
- Walls now spawn away from the ability owner’s position OR the target (e.g. Buttress).
- Fixed a potential issue with the map generator where no paths would be created between the two players.
- Fixed a bug with AI movement where it would constantly wander for no reason.
- Fixed an issue where the AI would play the captain over and over again, while ignoring other cards in hand.
- Fixed a bug where damage dealt to damageable interactable units was always zero.
Join CrysCo’s community Discord to play: http://discord.crystalcompanies.me
Follow Boreal Games on Twitter: http://twitter.com/boreal_games