12/13/2018 – December 13th Update Notes
This past month we focused mainly on polishing user experience and tackling performance issues. We also added in deck analytics and updated lots of cards.
- Conditions now compound and refresh at the beginning of each turn. That is, a condition that lasts 2 turns will last from the current turn through the next turn. If that condition were a damage-dealing condition (e.g. burn), the conditioned unit would be dealt damage twice, once each turn.
- Added analytics to the deck view display that show the following:
- Cost distribution
- Faction distribution
- Card type distribution
- Average card cost
- Average card raw power
- Overall power rank of deck
- The deck analytics can be accessed in the deck edit view under the name of the deck.
- Reduced Zligen Turbine‘s attack from 2 to 1 and gave it a minimum attack range.
- Changed Supply Balloon’s Supply Drop ability to target one structure instead of all structures in range.
- Removed Dim Lightning Construct.
- Changed the unit spawned by Imperial Invoker from a Dim Lightning Construct to a Zligen Sprite. Reduced intensity of its Transmute from 3 to 2.
- Reduced Artillery Turret‘s LOS from 6 to 5.
- Increased health of Zligen Construct from 3 to 4.
- Reduced the cost of Staticize from 3I to 2I.
- Reduced health of Calpytra from 5 to 4. Reduced cost from 4C6I to 3C4I
- Reduced attack and health of Prodip from 5 to 4 and from 7 to 5 respectively. Reduced cost from 3C8I to 2C5I. Reduced intensity of its Transmute from 2 to 1 but added increased attack range as a boon that’s given.
- Gave Quinnlus a 2 turn condition duration on his Transmute.
- Reduced attack of Zligen Sprite from 4 to 3 and removed its protected attribute.
- Changed Imperial Mason‘s Barricade ability to spawn 2 Palisade walls instead of 1 Barricade wall.
- Increased the condition duration of Imperial Messenger‘s Transmute ability from 1 to 2.
- Changed Imperial Warder‘s Conjure Magic Wall ability to spawn 1 Magic Wall instead of two Dim Magic Walls.
- Added an uncollectible structure card called Static Field Generator that stuns everything in range as a trap and explodes on death to stun and deal 1 damage.
- Changed Corporal Ryden:
- Removed Stun Blade.
- Added an activated ability to spawn 2 Static Field Generators.
- Removed Dominion trigger.
- Changed name of Energy Mine to Zligen Charge. Changed its trap ability to an activated ability.
- Added uncollectible structure/plant card called Maneater Flower:
- 5 attack, 7 health, 0 movement, 3 LOS.
- Deals 3 damage to one random enemy as it morphs.
- When it’s dealt damage, knock back all adjacent enemy creatures.
- Added Maneater Trap:
- Has a trap trigger that morphs itself into a Maneater Flower
- Direvine and Sanctuary Bower are now spawned from spells.
- Changed Direvine to be invisible.
- Gave Ironroot 1 armor.
- Changed Dekiri Flower to Shoot Seed on trap and has a 1-attack attack move. Removed poison on Territorial and added invisibility.
- Gave Resistance Tunneler Zeal and decreased its Burrow range from 3 to 2.
Spirit (Light Blue)
- Reduced Ascendant Seraph’s ephemeral duration from 2 to 1
- Reduced the movement/los of Seplaem Corpusant from 5 to 4.
- Reduced the health of Hochraun Page from 2 to 1
- Reduced the health of Hochraun Phalanx from 4 to 3
- Reduced the condition duration of Old North Bowman’s Inspired ability from 2 to 1
- Reduced the condition duration of Old North Rider‘s Inspired trigger from 2 to 1.
- Reduced the intensity of Zeal from 3 to 2.
- Changed name of Soldier to Hochraun Soldier.
- Increased attack of Hochraun Squire from 1 to 2.
- Reduced cost of Cataclysm from 7S4C to 5S3C.
- Changed Windsteppe Assailant’s Enter the Fray to a reactive Blade Momentum trigger.
- Reduced the cost of Ruby Atoll Dancer from 1C3W to 1C2W and the cost of its Refresh ability from 2W to 1W
- Gave Windsteppe Elite‘s Blade Momentum trigger +movement in addition to multistrike.
- Changed Reload to target creatures only.
- Changed Gunpowder Charge:
- Renamed to Gunpowder Keg.
- No longer a trap but a visible structure.
- Added an interact ability to explode.
- Removed its trap ability.
- Now can be placed anywhere in line of sight.
- Reduced Frontier Rockslinger‘s attack from 4 to 3, attack range from 4 to 3, health from 10 to 6, and los from 4 to 3.
- Reduced Frontier Fortress’ attack from 5 to 4, attack range from 5 to 4, health from 12 to 8, and los from 5 to 4.
Bug Fixes and Polish
- Added tooltips for many pieces of the UI that explain functionality.
- Simplified the hex info panel with name of terrain and elevation.
- Added card movement sounds.
- Updated the help and settings panel to align with current UI style.
- Updated the tooltip to align with current UI style.
- Redesigned the skirmish preview screen to show the battlefield being created.
- Updated the radial menu to align with current UI style.
- Added functionality to view card collection without loading a deck.
- Polished map generation for creating fairer map areas.
- Tweaked parts of the skirmish report so that player scores better reflect battle performance.
- Fixed issues with gamma on images.
- Fixed many performance issues with fog of war, deck editing, card movement, hex highlighting, and battlefield loading.
- Fixed many grammatical errors with the ability text parser.