7/26/2018 – July 26th Update Notes
In this update we overview the significant improvements to procedural map generation, new in-game shop, and continued Nature faction revisions.
- Fatigue is now given to morphed and cloned units.
- Units killed by allies are no longer counted in the skirmish report’s kill/death ratio.
Procedural Battlefield Updates
- Added functionality to generate lake water bodies with docks.
- Added functionality to generate mountains with conquer points, a boss enemy, and minion enemies.
- Added functionality to initially wall in each player’s base.
- Added functionality to initially put each player’s base on top of a hill.
- Added in path-checking in order to mitigate maps where players are entirely blocked off from one another.
- Updated randomized unit spawning so that support operations, build sites, claimable units, and environmental enemies are not spawned next to each other.
- Added in a shop where players can purchase packs of cards using the in-game currency called Imperial Notes. This shop will become more relevant as we add in rewards, achievements, daily quests, and login rewards.
- Replaced current battlefield tiles and some vegetation with custom models and materials.
- Battlefields that are generated at the start of a skirmish now have an associated style that informs the look of the environment (e.g. a grasslands environment will have more grass, less rocks).
- Water and shallow water have been replaced with an actual water object so that water is easier to identify.
- Added a custom model for Saen Sure-Shot.
- Changed Buttress to only target allies.
- Changed Portal so it can port creatures and/or structures. Increased its Ephemeral duration from 1 to 2 turns.
- Gave Pitfall Trap the plant sub-card type.
- Replaced Brambleroot card from Resistance Shaman’s Sprout ability with Ballistixia.
- Added a new rare trap card called Set Ironroot Trap (spawns Ironroot Trap) that costs 2N1C.
- Added a new trap called Ironroot Trap that when triggered spawns an Ironroot on each spot adjacent to the foe. Range is 3 spaces.
- Renamed Brambleroot to Ironroot and replaced its abilities with just toughness. Increased its health from 1 to 3. Is no longer is a trap.
- Replaced Sea Canopy Windsinger‘s Territorial leap-AOE-damage effect with push.
- Replaced Sea Canopy Skyhunter‘s Territorial damage-bleed effect with leap-AOE-damage-bleed effect. Increased its health from 2 to 3.
- Decreased cost of Primal Rally from 6N2C to 4N2C and changed its rarity from uncommon to rare.
- Changed Fellshroom’s Poisonous Spore to deal 1 damage in addition to inflicting poison.
- Increased LOS of Direvine from 0 to 3. Removed its attack ability with an activated pull ability.
- Added a new spell card called Bellow of the Grove: inflict vulnerability and fear on 7 enemies until the the end of turn.
- Added Oldgrowth Kudzu: plant wall that has 1 armor.
- Changed Deeproot Kuzu so that it no longer deals damage to itself when it uses its Proliferate ability, and it now evolves at 5 health to Oldgrowth Kudzu.
- Increased the rarity of Sanctuary Bower from uncommon to rare. Increased the amount of health gained from Enlarged from 1 to 2 and increased the range of Cover from 2 to 3 (still has minimum range).
- Increased Pelagorn’s Territorial intensity to give +2 attack and health until the end of next turn. Also gave it an activated ability to spawn a Pelagorn Egg.
Spirit (Light Blue)
- Added a 1-turn cooldown to Traist, Prince of Hochraun’s Arrow Storm ability.
- Changed Corpusant‘s Destructible trigger to be called Dissipate and added a trigger so that it dies whenever it is targeted by a spell.
- Changed Wandering Conjurer‘s Territorial trigger to only target plants and creatures.
- Updated Stone Giant to drop only the lowest tier of crystal fragment without cooldown and also condition adjacent units with cripple whenever it takes damage.
- Added a new uncollectible siege card called Masterian Cutter: a waterbound boat that has a ranged attack, and deals 1 extra damage to structures.
- Added a new blueprint called Frontier Dock that has an activated ability to spawn a Masterian Cutter.
- Added a new buildsite called Ruined Dock where a Frontier Dock can be built.
- Added an activated ability to Barricade that destroys it. This is so that walls can be destroyed if they are impeding their owner’s progress.
Bug Fixes and Polish
- Fixed some issues with double-clicking to confirm movement where the character would not move.
- Fixed some issues with abilities that spawn units randomly within a range so that they now prioritize “safe” positions (i.e. ones that do not harm units).
- Fixed a bug with Bleeding and Constricted conditions where the condition would not trigger each turn
- Fixed a gameplay bug where blinded units could not see themselves.
- Fixed a gameplay bug where investments wouldn’t update correctly when the client reconciled with the server after a reconnect.
- Fixed damage calculation so that conditions ignore elevation.
- Fixed ability range for spawn abilities highlighting so that hexes are properly removed based on if the spawned unit can move to the position or not.
- Fixed an issue where the turn timer would not resume after reconnection.
- Fixed a text-parsing issue with Heal/Cleanse ability texts where the amount was excluded.
- Fixed a technical issue with the push mechanic so that it checks the between position correctly.
- Fixed a text-parsing issue with Evolve ability texts where the condition to evolve was excluded.
- Added several missing card images for characters.
- Changed the icon for interact on the radial menu and action panel from a sword to a pickax.
- Modified the shader on void spots to correctly appear under FoW, above terrain, and under characters.
- Added LOD groups to some objects.
- Updated Unity engine to 2018.2.
Join CrysCo’s community Discord to play: http://discord.crystalcompanies.me
Follow Boreal Games on Twitter: http://twitter.com/boreal_games