8/21/2018 – August 21st Update Notes
We’ve continued to expand the procedural generation functionality, updated card mechanics, and improved environmental and UI visuals.
- Units with Waterbound can now walk on and over shallows, in addition to water.
Procedural Battlefield Updates
- Environment models (e.g. rocks, flowers, grass, and trees) are now spawned outside of a generated battlefield corresponding to its assigned eco-region and habitat.
- Added functionality to generate a water body around a mountain.
- Added functionality to generate oceans and islands.
- Added functionality to border an area on on flat or elevated terrain.
- Added functionality to create spiral/straight ramps for elevation.
- Added functionality to generate different shapes of battlefields:
- Corner-lane: straight lane from one corner to another.
- Edge-lane: straight lane from one edge to another.
- Arena: regular hex shape.
- Horseshoe: hex shape with a smaller hex area subtracted from one corner.
- Cross: crossed corner and edge-lane.
- Added a 1-turn cooldown to Isa’s Acquire Contract reactive technique.
- Gave Supply Balloon Flying.
- Changed Imperial Artificer’s Clone Structure technique to not be able to clone command posts nor support operations.
- Updated Portal to be able to port enemies, and gave it Spiritform.
- Reduced cost of Countervail Turret from 3I to 2I. Gave its Chilling Missiles ability a 1-turn cooldown.
- Renamed Gabion to Palisade and gave it a Deconstruct ability.
- Renamed Fleetfire Cannonade to Fleetfire Fort. Added a reactive technique called Barricade that, when morphed to, spawns Palisade’s around the fort. Added an activated technique called Furnish Explosive that gives 1 ally the Chuck Petard ability until the end of turn.
- Added a new claimable card called Cursed Bones. When claimed, it spawns 1 of three Skeleton cards.
- Changed Wandering Conjurer’s Drop Loot technique to drop 1 Cursed Bones instead of immediately draw cards.
- Reduced health of Frontier Bandit from 6 to 5. Reduced drop amount of loot from 2 to 1.
- Reduced health of Terrorizing Roc from 15 to 12, attack from 4 to 3, and drop amount of loot from 4 to 3.
Bug Fixes and Polish
- Fixed several issues with technique targeting so that units do not incorrectly trigger Territorial or other trap reactive techniques.
- Fixed a bug with some territorial condition techniques where the targets would not be inflicted with the technique’s condition.
- Fixed an issue where a trap could be placed on top of another trap.
- Fixed a bug where units couldn’t be placed correctly when spawned from techniques.
- Fixed an issue with AI where it would not place units inside a walled-in base.
- Fixed an issue with AI movement where AI would move to a hurtful terrain location.
- Fixed issues with the radial menu and action panel so that attack abilities with a cooldown show the cooldown count.
- Fixed some issues where colliders would interfere with clicking units.
Updated Unity to 2018.2.3f1
- Skirmish score now multiplied a little based on the map shape and map radius. Bigger map typically means higher multiplier.
- Added capability to reconnect to a skirmish after a player leaves the game client and reopens.
- Replaced several models with cooler ones.
- Most turrets and other structures/siege now rotate and shoot projectiles instead of merely instantiating effects when attacking.
- Cards now display a really cool glow animation when they are playable.