11/10/2018 – November 10th Update Notes
In this update we developed a story-driven tutorial, worked to better focus each faction, and grind out various visual and gameplay issues.
- A four-part, story driven tutorial has been implemented in order to acquaint new players with the mechanics and controls of Crystal Companies.
- The tutorial is not enabled by default, so if you’d like to play through it, you can select “Replay Tutorial” in the settings menu (gear icon, top left of screen).
- A brief overview has been added to the main menu scene so that new players better navigate through creating/editing decks, starting a skirmish, and changing settings.
- Changed upgrade cost from 2 Faction/1 Crystal to 2 Crystal/1 Faction.
- Changed units with Waterbound to not be affected by the cost of Shallows.
- Increased the maximum amount of common cards in the deck from 4 to 5.
- Now when reversing an Enlarged condition, a unit’s health will be reduced until it reaches its base max health. If its health is already at or below the base max health, it will not lose any health.
- Changed name of Smoke Lake to Silver Tarn. Added small elevation on either side of the lake.
- Changed Tawny Mesa so that it a Roc/Menhir combination doesn’t always exist.
- Reduced the range of Quinnlus‘ Chain-Grab ability from 4 to 3 spaces.
- Changed Imperial Artificer’s Forge Blueprint to no longer clone a structure but instead draw a copy of a structure’s card. Added a Dominion (i.e. when a structure enters battlefield) trigger to gain 2 Intellect.
- Added Zligen Turbine: uncommon structure card that has a ranged attack and Transmute (i.e. whenever a spell is cast) trigger to push all enemy creatures within 3 spaces, back 3 spaces.
- Replaced Imperial Warder’s Guard ability with Force Push, which pushes two enemies away from it.
- Reduced the cost of Link Lightning from 4I to 2I1C.
- Reduced the cost of Revivify from 4I to 3I.
- Gave Countervail Turret an attack ability and increased its attack from 0 to 1. Increased the chilling amount on its Chilling Missiles trigger from 1 to 2.
- Reduced the cost of High Command Turret from 6I2C to 5I2C.
- Increased the cost of Zligen Carbine from 2I to 3I. Increased its health from 2 to 5. Increased its attack range from 2 to 3. Added +LOS on its Transmute trigger.
- Decreased Imperial Reaver‘s attack from 5 to 3, increased its health from 2 to 4, and gave it Builder.
- Changed Woodfolk Harrower‘s ability to now Harvest a plant to spawn a Dryad of the Grove.
- Changed name of Forestal Axeman‘s attack ability from Cast to Throw Axe.
- Changed the first evolution creatures so that their Harvest ability gives +3 health instead of +2 health.
- Reduced the attack and health of Woodbairn from 5 to 4.
- Reduced Starnys Grovekeeper‘s health from 6 to 5 and changed its Hasten Nature to target one unit instead of all units in range.
- Changed the Harmonize trigger so that a spawned plant needs to be near the ability owner.
- Gave Soul Seedling Fragile.
Spirit (Light Blue)
- Reduced movement of Ryst the White from 4 to 3.
- Reduced movement of Traist, Prince of Hochraun from 5 to 4 and range of his Rally Forces ability from 5 to 4.
- Reduced movement range of Menhiran Cleric from 4 to 3. Replaced its Faithful (i.e. when an ally enters the battlefield) trigger with an activated Heal/Cleanse ability.
- Reduced movement range of Priest of Seals from 4 to 3.
- Reduced cost of Hochraun Phalanx from 4S to 3S.
- Renamed Menhiran Hopplite to Old North Skirmisher. Increased its health from 1 to 2, cost from 1S to 2S, and replaced its Zeal with Pierce.
- Changed Old North Champion’s Retribution ability to only copy damage back to source if damage is dealt in combat.
- Reduced Ascendant Seraph‘s attack from 4 to 3, movement and los from 5 to 4, removed its Armored ability, and renamed Enkindle to Radiance: +1 attack, movement, and health until end of turn to all allies within 2 spaces.
- Changed Close Ranks to give +2 armor instead of overshield.
- Reduced cost of Harken from 5S4C to 5S3C.
- Reduced cost of Cataclysm from 7S4C to 5S3C.
- Reduced cost of Set Ambush Trap from 1C4W to 1C3W.
- Reduced the range and damage of Drake Isle Mutineer‘s Chuck Petard ability. Renamed it to Chuck Cherry Bomb.
- Decreased attack of Kokumo from 6 to 5 and cost from 6W3C to 4W3C. Replaced her Pierce with Agility.
- Changed name of Crystal Anima to Taru Anima.
- Reduced health of Terrorizing Roc from 10 to 8 and removed its Armored ability.
- Reduced attack of Contract Thief from 2 to 1.
Bug Fixes and Polish
- Fixed spawn abilities to allow spawning a unit at a position so long as that unit can move onto that position.
- Fixed issues with spawning units at target locations where targets would be considered improperly invalid.
- Fixed an issue where the AI player would have a spell but not be able to cast it, and infinitely try to cast the spell.
- Fixed an issue with leap to enemy ability where it would sometimes jump to a harmful position.
- Fixed issues with spawning cards where the card id wasn’t found.
- Added many new character models and ability visual and audio effects.
- Fixed a visual bug where you could open the detail view even if there was no selected object -updated end game notification to have a backdrop.
- Fixed an issue with rendering, which resulted in a significant increase in FPS.
Join CrysCo’s community Discord to play: http://cryscogame.com
Follow Boreal Games on Twitter: http://twitter.com/boreal_games