This month we attempted to inject more juice than ever into the game…and I think we succeeded (depending on your figurative definition of juice, of course).
We are always working to improve the UI in order to better communicate the themes of Crystal Companies and make it easier to enjoy.
This month we:
- Fixed a number of lingering issues in the unit detail view, as well as fixed display of unit models and lore display.
- Refined designs for the new Draft mode, which allows players to play with a selection of random cards that they may or may not own.
- Refined timer system design to make it more obvious that time management is important during playing.
- Refined conquer point bars / player display design for more space-efficient display and to communicate some of the frontier exploration elements of Crystal Companies.
- Combined system messages into the new “HUD bar” design.
Keep your eyes peeled as these new designs should be rolled out in time for Crystal Companies exhibition at Boston FIG.
We’ve been hard at work this month fine-tuning CrysCo’s look and feel with updated special effects, models, and controls. Here’s a quick run down of ALL THAT JUICE:
- Character movement now feels more natural and with less jerky teleportation.
- Most spell cards have visual and sound effects, and representative characters that are shown in the character detail view.
- Most conditions and boons now have sound and visual effects.
- Special effects triggered by abilities are much smoother and more synchronized.
- Targeting with spells and placing units is more straightforward and intuitive.
- Error messages are now more informative and describe problems in a less technical fashion.
- Character models are more organized and better represent their associated resource faction.
Here’s a quick video showing just one of the many new effects in action (a lot of times, but sadly without its particle effect…)!
On the Horizon
Be prepared for EVEN MORE JUICE in the following updates! By the end of the summer, we hope to have our “productized” version of CrysCo available to our followers! For now, here’s how anyone can get involved:
- Join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/fy7yBrk
- You can hop on our stream every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 5:30-7PM EST here.
- Come see us at the Boston Festival of Indie Games (FIG) in September! Check out https://www.bostonfig.com/ for more details and to get your tickets.
- As always, feel free to share CrysCo with your friends, and let us know what you think!
Once again, thanks for reading. And remember: next month juice will be in even greater abundance.